Sweet Summer Treats
Hot days call for cool treats and we’ve got you covered. Dig into this roundup of sweet summer treats that will help you beat the heat while still saying (mostly) healthy.
- Easy Pavlova – Light meringue is layered with whipped cream and topped with fresh fruit. Cut back the sugar to 1 cup to lighten it up a bit.
- Berry Yogurt Pops – A tasty and healthy way to beat the heat and extend the berry season.
- Avocado Ice Cream – This is a creamy, refreshing dairy-free dessert Rick Bayless has served in his restaurant Frontera Grill for years.
- Chocolate Strawberry Fool – This easy and elegant parfait makes any meal or occasion just a little more special.
- Cherry Trifle – This simple, rich chilled dessert is an easy and elegant favorite.
- Creamy Strawberry Panna Cotta – This rich, Italian (eggless) custard is amazingly easy, elegant and irresistible.
- Peach Frozen Yogurt – Frozen peaches and a food processor stand in for an ice cream maker in this homemade frozen yogurt.
- Balsamic-Glazed Strawberries – Tangy sweet balsamic sauce complements fresh strawberries atop ice cream, yogurt or pound cake for a spectacular dessert.
- Blackberry Cheesecake Cups – Try these rich, creamy, no-bake cheesecake cups accented with a sweet-tart blackberry sauce.
Oatmeal Cookie Fruit Pizza – The classic fruit pizza gets a boost from heart-healthy oats in this sweet recipe.