While the majority of the products we sell are safe, occasionally companies must recall them. Recalls happen for a variety of reasons including contamination, unlisted ingredients, or safety issues. Below you will find current recalls for products carried by the Chequamegon Food Co-op.
Once a product is recalled, we immediately remove it from our shelves and contact anyone who has purchased the product (if possible). We keep this page up-to-date and also post recalls on the Member Information bulletin board at the store. Please contact us if you have information about a recalled product not listed on this page or have questions about recalled products.
- September 15, 2020 – CoolHaus Awesome Icecream “That Dough Though Ice Cream Sandwich” – with the following “Best By” dates:
• 08/19/2021; 10/15/2021; 10/01/2021; 01/09/2022; 10/14/2021; 01/10/2022 This voluntary recall is due to an undeclared allergen, soy. The Class II recall is currently limited to the Coolhaus That Dough Though Ice Cream Sandwich SKU and the Best By dates mentioned above. The voluntary recall does not extend to other Coolhaus Ice Cream Sandwiches or other Coolhaus products.
- August 6, 2020 – Red Onions NOT RECALLED. We have had a few calls about a red onion recall, and the co-op is happy to say that since our onions are organic, our onions are not affected by this.
- November 9, 2018 – Lotus Foods Rice Ramen Noodle Soup in three flavors: Tom Yum, Masala Curry, and Red Miso – A method for preparation includes microwave; however, the packaging is not microwave-safe. There is no hazard with respect to the noodles or soup packet in the noodle cup. Consumers should not microwave the noodle cups. More info at Lotus Foods website.
- December 8, 2017 – Rapunzel No Added Salt Vegetable Bouillon – Rapunzel recalls No Added Sale Vegetable Bouillon due to incorrect label. Product should be discarded.
- October 31, 2017 – Woodstock Dark Chocolate Ginger – Woodstock recalls Dark Chocolate Ginger which may contain an undeclared milk allergen. People who have an allergy or sever sensitivity to milk allergen run the risk of serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
- July 6, 2017 – Clif Bar & Company Builder’s Protein – Chocolate Mint flavor – Clif Bar & Company is initiating a voluntary recall of CLIF® BUILDER’S® Bar Chocolate Mint flavor, and CLIF Kid Zbar® Protein Chocolate Mint and CLIF Kid Zbar® Protein Chocolate Chip flavors due to possible presence of undeclared peanuts and some tree nuts, including almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, walnuts and coconuts. Clif Bar & Company is taking this precautionary safety step for people who are allergic to peanuts and these listed tree nuts. People with an allergy to peanuts and these specific tree nuts run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction. The company is strongly advising consumers who have peanut and these specific tree nut allergies not to consume these bars. Find the full recall information at the FDA Recall website.
- November 20, 2018 – The CDC and FDA have issued a warning that romaine lettuce may be contaminated with E. coli. The departments took the unusual step of requesting that ALL romaine lettuce be removed from store shelves and consumers discard it because they cannot pinpoint the source. We have removed all romaine, salad mixes containing romaine, and deli items made with romaine. Read the full advisory message.