Now Accepting Applicants for Round for Partners Grant Program
We’re happy to announce that we are now accepting applications for enrollment in our new grant initiative, Round for Partners. The Round for Partners program is a grant/donation initiative for local organizations and businesses. By offering Round for Partners, the co-op’s goal is to support a project or cause initiated by a local organization that will impact our community in the areas of food access, local economy, community wellness, or the environment. Funds for the grant are generated at the Co-op’s registers through customers who choose to chip-up their grocery total to the nearest whole dollar. Once applicants are chosen, each partner will be featured for one calendar month beginning March 2020.
- Applications will be judged with the following criteria:
- Impact of the proposed project or cause
- Feasibility and strength of project plan
- Level of sustainability
- Preference given to non-profit organizations and community group collaborations
- Preference given to applicants with an existing working relationship with the Co-op
- The project and business or organization practices must align with the Co-op’s Ends.
All applications to be considered for the 2020 calendar year will be due February 1, 2020. The Co-op will choose grant recipients from the pool of applicants by February 15, 2020. Chosen applicants will be assigned to one calendar month. We will assign applicants through December of 2020.
Round for Partners grant applications are available at the Co-op or online at chequamegonfoodcoop.com/co-op/community. To learn more about the Chequamegon Food Co-op Round for Partners program, please contact Kiersten Galazen, interim general manager, at (715) 682-8251 or email@example.com.