Bring on the BBQ! 10 Party Tips
Bring on the BBQ!
10 Super Summer Party Ideas
Celebrate summer with a seriously fun get-together. Everyone loves a party and the warm weather sets the stage for great ones. Go beyond the typical barbecue with these ten next-level party ideas.
- Grill up something different. Skip the hamburgers and hot dogs. Instead, opt for grilled pizza, roasted veggies, or kebabs.
- Make a s’mores bar. Set up a table with flavored marshmallows, different types of chocolate, and a variety of cookies (plus graham crackers for the traditionalists).
- Skip the paper plates. If you are just serving finger foods and sandwiches, you can use coffee filters as handy, inexpensive holders for hot dogs and hamburgers.
- Keep perishables on ice easily. Grab a small kiddie pool and load it up with ice. Pop the whole shebang on a table for easy access.
- Just add light. String Christmas lights on deck railings and in trees to add an after-dark glow to the festivities.
- Pick a theme and then run with it. Get a little beachy with balls and starfish. Visit Hawaii with volcanoes, leis, and grass skirts. Salute our country with an all-American theme. If you need more inspiration, check out Pinterest for BBQ theme ideas.
- Make a kid corner. If you have lots of children coming to your party, make a designated area for their games and food.
- Wheel out the fun. Put your wheelbarrow to use in several ways. It can be used as a “beer barrow” to serve cold beverages. Fill it with flowers for portable decoration. Load it with water balloons for refreshing fun.
- Offer sun and bug protection. A simple bucket loaded with sunscreen and bug spray keeps protection handy for everyone.
- Save on drinks. Instead of offering canned beverages, mix up a variety of cold concoctions in pitchers. Try a simple flavored lemonade or a fruity cooler made with sparkling water.