Menu Makeover: 10 Asian Recipes
Pizza. Pasta. Soup. Easy foods like these are great, but sometimes that’s all you end up eating. Ready to shake up your menu? Add these simple, flavorful Asian recipes to your weekly meal plan and wake up your taste buds!
- Chinese Beef and Broccoli – You don’t need take out to enjoy this popular Chinese dish. It’s easy to make and really tasty, so if you cherish leftovers, you might just want to double the recipe!
- Classic Miso Soup with Variations – Sushi has a strong following in America, but Japan’s most popular soup, Miso Soup, has gotten far less attention. And that’s a shame because this simple, delicious and versatile soup has so much to offer.
- Quick Vegetable Bibimbap – Whet your appetite for bibimbap with this quick vegetarian version of the signature Korean dish.
- Vegan Crab California Rolls – This vegan variation has all the fresh flavors you would expect in a California roll. Don’t miss the recipe for Vegan Hearts of Palm Crab Salad to go along with this recipe!
- Asian Rice Noodle Salad – A quick and flavorful side or turn it into an entree by adding tofu or cooked chicken or shrimp.
- Spicy Thai Noodles – Throw these flavorful noodles together in just 30 minutes. Add cooked chicken, beef, tofu or seitan for a hearty dish.
- Southeast Asian Pork and Kale Stir-Fry – In open markets across Southeast Asia, you’ll find all sorts of leafy greens, a testament to the role that deep green veggies play in the local cuisine. The assertive flavor of kale is perfectly matched with the Southeastern flavors of chiles, lime and fish sauce, which combine to bring out the sweetness in the leaf.
- Chinese Pork & Vegetable Hot Pot – The richly flavored red braises characteristic of Chinese cooking make warming winter meals that can be adapted to a slow cooker. Typically, seasonings of anise, cinnamon and ginger distinguish these dishes. Pork shoulder becomes meltingly tender during the slow braise. Serve over noodles or brown rice, with stir-fried napa cabbage.
- Gingered Broccoli and Tofu Noodle Bowl – Hit all the right notes with this tasty, healthy and effortless dish.
- Khao Phat (Thai Fried Rice) – A healthy Thai-style dish with brown jasmine rice and plenty of vegetables.