Gift Basket Giveaway – October 2012
CONTEST CLOSED – Congratulations to the winner: Mary Agostine of Herbster, Wisconsin!
Now through October 19, 2012, register to win a gift basket worth $75! The basket is filled with local and natural goodies from the Chequamegon Food Co-op. You can enter at the membership kiosk in the store, by liking us on Facebook and completing the entry form, or by becoming a new member of the Chequamegon Food Co-op.
No purchase necessary. Open to Wisconsin residents only. One entry per person per entry method. Please see Official Rules for details.
October 2012 Chequamegon Food Co-op Drawing Rules
Official Rules – $75 Gift Basket
NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS DRAWING. NON-CONTRIBUTION ENTRIES AND CONTRIBUTION ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The “October 2012 Chequamegon Food Co-op – $75 Gift Basket” Drawing (the “Drawing”) is sponsored by Chequamegon Food Co-op, (“CFC”) which owns and operates Chequamegon Food Co-op having its principal place of business at 215 Chapple Avenue, Ashland, WI 54806. The Drawing entry period begins on October 13, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) and ends on October 19, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. CST (the “Entry Period”).
- Entries by Contribution: Making a membership contribution to CFC during the Entry Period via the register or in-store membership kiosk automatically enters you in the Drawing.
- Facebook Entries: You may also enter via our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/chequamegonfoodcoop. The entry information is located under the contest tab.
- In Person Entries: You may also enter by filling in an entry form at the membership kiosk at the Chequamegon Food Co-op during the Entry Period.
All of the Drawing information will be posted at the Drawing Site at: www.chequamegonfoodcoop.com/drawing throughout the Drawing. You may enter at any time during the Entry Period. Limit of one entry per person per method of entry. Duplicate entries via any method will be automatically eliminated.
The official winner (the “Prize Winner”) will be randomly drawn in a drawing to be held on or before October 22, 2012. Any entry received during the Entry Period will be eligible. Any entry received after the Entry Period will not be eligible to be included in the drawing and shall be disregarded. The above-noted deadline is final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received, and are equal regardless of method of entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Drawing is open to any individual who is, (a) as of the beginning of the Entry Period a legal resident of the state of Wisconsin, U.S.A. (the “Eligibility Area”); and (b) 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents and their immediate families (regardless of where they live), or members of the same households (whether related or not) of CFC, and its affiliates and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Drawing Providers”) and any other persons involved with this promotion, are not eligible to participate in the Drawing or to win any prize. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. PRIZE: The winner of the Drawing (the “Prize Winner”) will be awarded the Prize. The Prize is identified below:
One (1) Gift Basket (value: $75.00).
The winner will be responsible for all taxes and fees. The winner will also be responsible for taking the gift basket by December 1, 2012.
Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Drawing.
Except where otherwise expressly noted in these Official Rules, the selection of all vendors, prizes, products and services is subject to the Drawing Providers’ sole and absolute discretion. The Prize is nontransferable and nonexchangeable. No substitution or cash redemption of the Prize is permitted except that CFC retains the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater retail value (or at CFC’s election, the cash value of the Prize). Additional restrictions may apply. The Prize may be subject to certain other restrictions and qualifications of the Drawing Providers.
4. PRIZE DRAWING: The Prize Winner, and two (2) alternates, will be selected in a random drawing from all entries received that are eligible for the Drawing. The Drawing will be conducted in accordance with the schedule set forth in Section 1 of these Rules.
In the event that the Prize for the Drawing cannot be awarded to the Prize Winner, the Prize will be awarded to the first alternate selected. If the Prize for that Drawing still cannot be awarded to such first alternate, it will be awarded to the second alternate. If the Prize cannot be awarded to such second alternate, it will not be awarded.
The Drawing will be conducted by CFC, whose decisions, along with those of the other Drawing Providers, are final and binding on all aspects of this Drawing. By entering the Drawing, each entrant agrees to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Drawing Providers. In the event of non-compliance, an alternate Prize Winner may be selected.
5. NOTIFICATION: The Prize Winner will be notified by e-mail and/or by telephone within 10 business days of the Drawing. Failure of a potential Prize Winner to respond within five (5) business days from such notification may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate as the Prize Winner.
6. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS, AND LICENSE: By entering this Drawing, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Drawing Providers (which decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Drawing), and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the Drawing Providers are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment. In the event of non-compliance, an alternate Prize Winner may be selected. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Drawing Providers and will not be acknowledged or returned. Neither the Drawing Providers nor Internet access providers are responsible for incomplete, late, lost, misdirected or postage-due mail or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, incomprehensible, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Drawing Providers make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning the Prize furnished or made available in connection with the Drawing.
Although the Drawing Providers attempt to ensure the integrity of the Drawing, the Drawing Providers are not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Drawing, including entrants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Drawing. The Drawing Providers are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Drawing or downloading materials from or using the Drawing Site. If, for any reason, the Drawing is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, preemption of regular broadcast programming, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of CFC, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Drawing, CFC reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Drawing, and to select a Prize Winner from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. Proof of mailing or submitting entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by the Drawing Providers. All taxes (including without limitation Federal, state and local taxes) in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
By entering this Drawing, unless prohibited by law, the potential Prize Winner consents to use of his/her name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for this and similar promotions without compensation, and the potential Prize Winner may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent. Moreover, by entering this Drawing, unless prohibited by law, the potential Prize Winner agrees to grant to the Drawing Providers, and their respective licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the Prize Winner’s name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated), and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by CFC in its sole discretion.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: BY ENTERING THE DRAWING, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD THE DRAWING PROVIDERS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE DRAWING OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY DRAWING-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE REMOVAL FROM THE SITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS), OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE DRAWING, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL THE DRAWING PROVIDERS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE DRAWING SITE, THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE DRAWING SITE, THE REMOVAL FROM THE DRAWING SITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE DRAWING. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE DRAWING, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. GOVERNING LAW: The Drawing and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Wisconsin (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in Wisconsin. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
(a) Dates and Deadlines: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Drawing, the Drawing Provider reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Drawing.
(c) Prize Winner: For the name of the Prize Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after December 1, 2012 to: Winners List, “October 2012 Chequamegon Food Co-op – $75 Gift Basket ” Drawing, Chequamegon Food Co-op, 215 Chapple Avenue, Ashland, WI 54806, Attention: Membership. Requests for Winners List must be received by December 31, 2012.
(d) Rule Requests: To receive a copy of these complete rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Official Rules, “October 2012 Chequamegon Food Co-op – $75 Gift Basket ” Drawing, Chequamegon Food Co-op, 215 Chapple Avenue, Ashland, WI 54806. Requests for Official Rules must be received by October 19, 2012.