Recipes for a Healthy New Year
We’re already a week into the new year…Are you sticking to your resolution to eat better? If you’re still looking for inspiring healthy food to add to your menu, look no further. Here are ten recipes to help you have a healthy new year.
- Lentil Salad with Radish – Lentils take center stage in Christy Morgan’s recipe for a zesty radish salad with a homemade mustard vinaigrette.
- Goddess Bowl – Veggies, whole grains and Sriracha tahini dressing make this flavorful, easy, one-bowl meal a perfect addition to your weeknight dinner rotation.
- Smoky Grilled Tofu and Broccoli – This easy, aromatic, smoky tofu and broccoli relies on a simple marinade to deliver big on flavor.
- Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup – Italian sausage infuses this simple soup with flavor, and you can choose hot or sweet sausage, depending on your taste for heat. It all comes together in under 30 minutes, and is even better after a day or two in the refrigerator.
- Quinoa Kale Salad with Corn – This tasty salad features the a nutritional powerhouse duo: kale and quinoa.
- Squash, Chickpea & Red Lentil Stew – Modeled on North African stews, this aromatic vegetarian main course can be served over brown rice or steamed spinach.
- Chicken Chilaquiles – Change up taco night, or weekend breakfast, with this easy, comforting Mexican dish.
- Herbed Farro with Chicken – Count on your slow cooker to deliver this comforting, deliciously herbed cross between a pilaf and a stew. Farro comes in “whole grain” or “pearled” versions. You can tell by examining the grains, pearled has had the bran layer partially scraped off. You can use either here, but if using pearled, subtract 30 minutes from the cooking time.
- Breakfast Burrito Scramble – Start your morning right with this flavorful breakfast burrito filled with eggs, beans, mushrooms, spinach and cheese.
- Charred Pepper Tacos – Roasted peppers add sweetness to these zippy and satisfying tacos.