Quick Meals for Busy Days
Sometimes you want to eat healthy, but you’re short on time. Is it possible to have fast and simple meals that are still tasty and good for you? It sure is! Instead of reaching for a frozen dinner, try these 10 quick meal ideas.
- Chinese Beef and Broccoli – You don’t need take out to enjoy this popular Chinese dish. It’s easy to make and really tasty, so if you cherish leftovers, you might just want to double the recipe!
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans – A one-skillet supper with dark leafy greens, diced tomatoes and white beans with gnocchi and mozzarella.
- Pasta Primavera – This deliciously simple recipe combines blanched veggies and a fresh tomato sauce for a delicious and colorful pasta dish.
- Creamy Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo – This pasta dish is loaded with broccoli and adorned with a creamy sauce that may well fool other diners into thinking it’s made with dairy. Once you master making a white sauce, you can use it to dress up other foods as well, like steamed vegetables or grains.
- Thai Tofu Stir-fry with Peanut Sauce – This quick and easy Thai stir-fry takes advantage of the nearly universal appeal of savory peanut sauce and tastes much more complex than it is! Use extra-firm tofu and prepared sauce to get this healthy dinner on the table in minutes.
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken Stir-fry – Bottled teriyaki sauce and a kiss of honey give this simple stir-fry a memorably sweet and flavorful glaze. Crunchy carrots and snow peas fill the plate with color and snap.
- Pad Thai – Easily the favorite Thai dish in the United States, Pad Thai is simple to make and always delicious!
- Simple Vegetable Curry – Get dinner on the table in a hurry. This fragrant, flavorful Indian curry takes just 25 minutes to make.
- Peanut Sesame Noodles – A rich, creamy peanut sauce makes this easy, budget-friendly dish intoxicatingly good.
- Goddess Bowl – Veggies, whole grains and Sriracha tahini dressing make this flavorful, easy, one-bowl meal a perfect addition to your weeknight dinner rotation.