There’s no better way to celebrate the beginning of summer than by planning a leisurely outdoor picnic. Here’s how to keep your picnic out of bug-bite and spoiled-food territory to enjoy warm breezes, delicious food and fun. Prep everything ahead of time This may seem like a no-brainer, but putting in the time to
Fresh Deals Sales start May 15, 2018. While supplies last. Organic Watermelon 69¢ per pound Co-op Deli Mandarin Chicken Salad 7.99 per pound Reg. $9.99 – Non-discountable Niman Ranch Pork Sausages Jalapeño Cheddar or Lemongrass Ginger 5.49 each Reg. $6.99 Gerber Amish Farm Chicken Burgers 7.39 each
One of the most common suggestions offered during the strategic planning process was a discount for low-income shoppers. It’s actually come up often in our customer comments and brainstorming sessions. Couple this with requests for discounts for students, veterans, and the military, and we started to look at ways to accommodate everyone into our discount
Sales start May 15, 2018. While supplies last.
6 oz. – Reg. $6.49
Italian Pasta Salad
7.99 per pound
Reg. $9.99 – Non-discountable
Uncured Canadian Bacon
7 oz. – Reg. $6.99
Choosing gifts can be tricky at best, but add in trying to choose something special for Mom and it can be down right daunting. Don’t worry, though. You got this. Grab one of our delightful Mother’s Day gift ideas and you’ll make Mom proud! Flowers – We know they are kind of a staple, but
Fresh Deals Sales start May 8, 2018. While supplies last. Organic Strawberries 3.99 per pound Organic Asparagus 4.49per pound Café Spice Saag Paneer 4.99 each 16 oz. Café Spice Coconut Chicken Curry 4.99 each 16 oz. Bilinski’s Chicken Sausages 3.99 each Carrot Ginger & Quinoa or Apricot Chickpeas & Chickpeas – Reg. $6.39 – 12
With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, we thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite Mexican recipes that are sure to make your mouth water.
- Charred Pepper Tacos – Roasted peppers add sweetness to these zippy and satisfying tacos.
- Chicken Chilaquiles – Change up taco night, or weekend breakfast, with this easy, comforting Mexican dish.
- Chicken Tomatillo Casserole – Spice up your dinner with this easy chicken and tortilla casserole.
- Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers – Spicy food fans will find plenty to cheer about with these jalapeños stuffed with spiced pork and smoked cheddar.
- Chorizo and Avocado Salsa – Spice up your party (or just an afternoon snack!) with chorizo sausage and avocado salsa.
- Black Bean Taquitos – These simple and tasty taquitos make a delicious lunch, dinner or appetizer.
- Tempeh Taco Filling – Tempeh, made from fermented soybeans, gives a deep flavor and meaty texture to Dana Tomlin’s vegetarian taco filling.
Chicken Quesadillas with Salad and Chipotle-Lime Dressing – The quesadilla is the grilled cheese of Mexico—and you can make them as plain or fancy as you desire.Green Enchilada Pie – Layered like lasagna, this enchilada casserole is easy and delicious. Great with a side of rice and a dollop of guacamole.
- Chilaquiles Casserole – This easy to make enchilada-style chilaquiles casserole is packed with tasty and nutritious beans and vegetables.
Fresh Deals Sales start May 1, 2018. While supplies last. Organic Small Haas Avocado 1.29 each Co-op Deli Hot Bar Breakfast 7:30-9:30 a.m. 5.99 per pound Sale runs 5/1/18-5/7/18 Reg. $9.99/lb Gerber Amish Chicken Sausages 3.79 each Brats, Hot Italian, Sweet Italian Reg. $4.79 – 18 oz. Stella Kasseri Cheese 10% off per pound Reg.
Get ready to eat, talk, and vote! Learn more about what has happened in the past year and join us for our Annual Meeting on Thursday, April 26, 2018 starting at 5:00 p.m. at the Northland College Dining Hall, in the Ponzio Center. Didn’t get your tickets? That’s okay, you can join us anyway! We will
Fresh Deals Sales start April 24, 2018. While supplies last. Organic English Cucumbers 1.39 each Café Spice Assorted Entrees 5.99 each Reg. $6.99-$7.99 Gerber Amish Chicken Sausages 3.79 each Brats, Hot Italian, Sweet Italian – Reg. $4.79 – 18 oz. Mt. Vikos Cyprus Halloumi Cheese 7.99 each Reg. $9.79 – 8 oz.
Earth Day is a good reminder to decrease the amount of waste we create and improve our impact on the environment. To help you do that, we have five eco tips, plus we are giving away free reusable shopping bags stuffed with goodies to the first 50 shoppers on Earth Day!*
- Reduce your plastic consumption. Convenience items often come packaged up in plastic. While the Co-op makes a concerted effort to stock items that use recyclable or compostable plastics, switching over to non-convenience foods will reduce your use of plastics.
- Compost your food scraps. Your waste can become fertilizer for your garden. No space for a compost pile? Try vermiculture, where earth worms break down your scraps in a small container.
- Don’t let good food go bad. If you bought fruits, veggies, cheese, butter, meat, or other fresh products and you won’t be able to use them before their expiration date then pop them into the freezer. They’ll keep until you need them, just remember they are there!
- Grow food from scraps. With everything from lettuce to onions, you can regrow more produce. Here’s how you can regrow 25 foods from scraps.
- Buy in bulk. Bulk foods allow you to reduce the amount of food that might go stale from having too much because you can buy only the quantity you need. Plus, you can use your own containers and bypass all of the packaging waste associated with packaged foods.
*Giveaway on Sunday, April 22, 2018. First come, first served. Offer good while supplies last. All bags will contain assorted giveaways. Five bags will contain gift cards with four at $5 and one at $20 dollars.
Fresh Deals Sales start April 17, 2018. While supplies last. Organic Cauliflower 3.49 each Co-op Deli Peanut Butter Co-op Crispies 2.29 each Reg. $2.99 Applegate Naturals Natural Sunday Bacon 3.99 each Reg. $6.39 – 8 oz. Red Hoof Farm Local Organic Marrow Bones 1.99 per pound LOCAL! Red Hoof Farm –