The Chequamegon Food Co-op is currently hiring for the following positions. Applications can be picked up at the Customer Service desk or you can download a job application.
DELI ASSISTANT MANAGER – We are hiring a Deli Assistant Manager with a passion for fresh, local, and organic food to help lead the Deli department at our 3,500+ member food cooperative. This is an internal and external search.
Full-time position available with flexible scheduling options. Benefits and raise after successful completion of a 90 day probationary period. Ability to multi-task required. Food service and supervisory experience required. This position requires a flexible schedule with night and weekend shifts. Position open until filled!
Purpose: To provide efficient daily workflow in the Deli kitchen; to ensure deli cases are full of high-quality food; to oversee exceptional presentation of the deli counter areas; to supervise kitchen staff; and to ensure excellent customer service by Deli staff; and to assist Deli Manager in meeting department goals for customer service, sales, margins, and turns.
Status: Reports to Deli Manager. Supervises Deli Staff.
- Self-motivated, organized, responsible, flexible
- Food Service Manager Certification
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Experience training large groups a plus
- Professional cooking experience
- Good sense of taste/smell/food presentation
- Excellent communication skills
- Buying/ordering experience
- Experience with taking and recording quarterly inventory
- Ability to work with a team to achieve departmental goals
- Attention to detail
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel)
- English proficiency
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, reach, squat and walk for extended periods of time per shift
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Ability to operate equipment such as: Robot Coupe, food processor, shrink wrap machine, manual and/or electric scales, recalibrate and read thermometers, convection oven, stove, and knives.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers and co-workers from various backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple demands
- Ability to assist customers with product questions in a prompt, courteous manner