We’re already a week into the new year…Are you sticking to your resolution to eat better? If you’re still looking for inspiring healthy food to add to your menu, look no further. Here are ten recipes to help you have a healthy new year. Lentil Salad with Radish – Lentils take center stage in Christy Morgan’s
For those of us who forgo turkey (along with other animal products), the Thanksgiving table can be tricky to navigate. Fortunately, there are plenty of main dish options for vegetarians and vegans. With a little planning, you can enjoy more than just a bunch of veggie side dishes. Read on for a variety of vegan and vegetarian Thanksgiving main dishes that will make this year’s menu a memorable one.
- Slow-cooker Vegetarian Lasagna – Sure, the slow cooker’s great for stews and soups, but it also happens to make a mean lasagna! In this ingenious slow-cooker recipe, all you have to do is chop your veggies, then layer the ingredients (raw) into the crockpot.
- Spinach and Almond-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – Serve these delightful portobellos as an appetizer or entree. Experiment with filling variations for other tasty options, found in the serving suggestions below.
- Vegan Meatloaf – Made with chickpeas and lentils, this loaf is the right combination of moist yet firm. Packed with fiber, it is VERY filling!
- Roasted Fall Vegetables in Cheddar Crust – This tart starts with a Cheddar cheese crust that’s filled with roasted leeks, fennel and broccoli or Brussels sprouts. Beets or cauliflower would stand in beautifully too.
- Mushroom & Wild Rice Frittata – Packed with a flavorful medley of chewy wild rice and three kinds of mushrooms, this frittata is great any time of day.
- Wild Rice Stuffed Squash – Chewy, nutty wild rice is seasoned with herbs and cheddar in these delightful stuffed squash halves.
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Chard & White Beans – Acorn squash is perfect for stuffing. This filling has Mediterranean flair: olives, white beans and Parmesan cheese.
- Vegan Pot Pies – Quick to make and more than filling, these mini pot pies are loaded with delicious veggies.
- Vegan Shepherd’s Pie – Warm up with this nutty-flavored comfort food. The fluffy mashed potato topping is slightly crispy on top.
- Butternut Squash Pasta Bake – With a sauce made from butternut squash and chickpea pasta (we carry Explore Cuisine’s Chickpea Fusilli), this pasta bake is loaded with flavor and protein.