Whether you’re hosting a big holiday celebration or simply having an evening in with a few friends or family, putting together a pre-dinner spread is a snap with these 10 tasty appetizers. Try these entertaining ideas for your next get-together! The Perfect Cheese Plate – If there’s one plate of food that says “party,” it’s the
Fresh Deals NEW SALES EVERY WEDNESDAY! Sales start December 12, 2018. While supplies last. Organic Blackberries 2.69each 6 oz package Co-op Deli Dill Dip 3.49/lb Reg. $5.99/lb – Non-discountable Hidden-Vue Farm Lamb Stew Meat 40% off LOCAL! – Reg. $17.99/lb Niman Ranch Breakfast Sausage 4.99 each NEW! – Reg. $6.99
Fresh Deals NEW SALES EVERY WEDNESDAY! Sales start December 5, 2018. While supplies last. Organic Satsumas 2.49/lb Reg. $3.99/lb Co-op Deli Russian Potato Salad 6.49/lb Reg. $8.99/lb – Non-discountable Roth Natural Smoked Gouda 3.39 each Reg. $4.99 – 6 oz Caves of Faribault Oktoberfest Blau 20% off Reg. $13.99/lb Olli
Homemade gifts are enjoyable to make, give, and receive! Skip the mall and try your hand at DIY gifts this holiday season. Here are 10 make-it-yourself gift ideas to get you started. Rumtopf – This is an old-school way to preserve fruit when it is plentiful, and flavor a liqueur at the same time. You can
Fresh Deals NEW SALES EVERY WEDNESDAY! Sales start November 28, 2018. While supplies last. Organic Broccoli 2.49/lb Reg. $3.29/lb Organic Garnet & Jewel Yams 1.49/lb Reg. $1.99/lb Organic Celery 2.49 each Reg. $2.99 Organic 5lb Potato Bags 4.99each Co-op Deli Smoked Fish Dip 6.99/lb Reg. $9.99/lb – Non-discountable Cheeseland Mild Goat Gouda 15% off Reg.
For those of us who forgo turkey (along with other animal products), the Thanksgiving table can be tricky to navigate. Fortunately, there are plenty of main dish options for vegetarians and vegans. With a little planning, you can enjoy more than just a bunch of veggie side dishes. Read on for a variety of vegan and vegetarian Thanksgiving main dishes that will make this year’s menu a memorable one.
- Slow-cooker Vegetarian Lasagna – Sure, the slow cooker’s great for stews and soups, but it also happens to make a mean lasagna! In this ingenious slow-cooker recipe, all you have to do is chop your veggies, then layer the ingredients (raw) into the crockpot.
- Spinach and Almond-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – Serve these delightful portobellos as an appetizer or entree. Experiment with filling variations for other tasty options, found in the serving suggestions below.
- Vegan Meatloaf – Made with chickpeas and lentils, this loaf is the right combination of moist yet firm. Packed with fiber, it is VERY filling!
- Roasted Fall Vegetables in Cheddar Crust – This tart starts with a Cheddar cheese crust that’s filled with roasted leeks, fennel and broccoli or Brussels sprouts. Beets or cauliflower would stand in beautifully too.
- Mushroom & Wild Rice Frittata – Packed with a flavorful medley of chewy wild rice and three kinds of mushrooms, this frittata is great any time of day.
- Wild Rice Stuffed Squash – Chewy, nutty wild rice is seasoned with herbs and cheddar in these delightful stuffed squash halves.
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Chard & White Beans – Acorn squash is perfect for stuffing. This filling has Mediterranean flair: olives, white beans and Parmesan cheese.
- Vegan Pot Pies – Quick to make and more than filling, these mini pot pies are loaded with delicious veggies.
- Vegan Shepherd’s Pie – Warm up with this nutty-flavored comfort food. The fluffy mashed potato topping is slightly crispy on top.
- Butternut Squash Pasta Bake – With a sauce made from butternut squash and chickpea pasta (we carry Explore Cuisine’s Chickpea Fusilli), this pasta bake is loaded with flavor and protein.
Fresh Deals NEW SALES EVERY WEDNESDAY! Sales start November 21, 2018. While supplies last. Organic Broccoli 2.49/lb Reg. $3.29/lb Organic Garnet & Jewel Yams 1.49/lb Reg. $1.99/lb Organic Celery 2.49 each Reg. $2.99 Organic 5lb Potato Bags 4.99each Co-op Deli Avocado Cranberry Salsa 5.49/lb Reg. $8.99 – Non-discountable Nordic Creamery Goat Muenster 4.99 each Reg. $5.99 – 8 oz
Just because you are eating healthier, doesn’t mean you need to give up pie. Dessert can definitely be part of a well-balanced diet. If you want to add a little sweetness to your Thanksgiving menu, check out these healthy pie recipes for inspiration. These delectable yummies clock in at around 200 calories per serving (more
Thanksgiving is coming up faster than you can shake a drumstick, so it’s time to rustle up some menu ideas. Whether you are looking for traditional foods or unique takes on your favorites, you’ll find lots of Thanksgiving dinner inspiration here. Keep it simple, but flavorful, by adding these holiday recipes to your menu.
Fresh Deals NEW SALES EVERY WEDNESDAY! Sales start November 7, 2018. While supplies last. Equal Exchange Organic Small Hass Avocados 2/$3 Organic & Fair Trade Certified Co-op Deli Beet Hummus 5.99/lb Reg. $7.99 – Non-discountable Champignon Cambozola 20% off Reg. $6.99/lb So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative 5.99 each Reg. $7.69 – 24
If you’re well past the age of trick or treating, there’s no reason to skip out on the fun. We’ve collected 10 sweet treats to help you enjoy the season. On a special diet such as vegan or paleo? Don’t worry, there are treats in here for you too! Pear, Apple & Cranberry Tarte Tatin
Fresh Deals NEW SALES EVERY WEDNESDAY! Sales start October 31, 2018. While supplies last. Hermit Creek Farm Organic Potato Bags 6.49each LOCAL! 5 lb bag – Assorted varieties Reg. $8.49 Co-op Deli Dill Dip 3.49/lb Reg. $5.99 – Non-discountable Burnett Dairy Provolone 20% off Reg. $5.99/lb Newman’s Own Virgin Lemonade 2.99 each Reg. $3.49 –